WELCOME to HighBloodPressureHub.com – The high blood pressure information web site.
Who We Are
We are a small but dedicated health care professional team whose mission is to help you lower your blood pressure to prevent disability and death from stroke and heart disease.
As you probably know, high blood pressure or hypertension is one of he most important cardiovascular risk factor (as diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia and tobacco) all over the world.
Several medical studies have demonstrated the relation between the knowledge of that cardiovascular risk factor and its management: the more the individuals are informed and high blood pressure is managed.
That’s the reason why this web site has been created. Our goal is that through HighBloodPressureHub.com, you will be able to:
- Explain what it means to have high blood pressure (HBP) or hypertension
- Understand your treatment options
- Know how to make changes lifestyle changes to prevent further damage
- Understand your medications – any side effects and effects certain foods may have on how your medications work
- Log and document your medications
- Measure and log your blood pressure measurements
- Know how you bladder and bowel functions can be affected by HBP
- Measure and document your weight
- Change your diet to help control HBP
- Name at least 3 risk factors of HBP
- State the signs and symptoms of HBP
- List the signs and symptoms of dehydration and water retention
- Know how regular exercises can help prevent and treat HBP
- Know how to start an exercise program and make exercise a daily habbit
- State how to reduce stress
- Keep track of the fluids going in and our of your body
- List the things that may make your HBP worse and how to avoid them
- Use and care for your blood pressure monitoring device